“We are, as a species, addicted to story. Even when the body goes to sleep, the mind stays up all night, telling itself stories.”
— Jonathan Gottschall, The Storytelling Animal: How Stories Make Us Human
Are you standing as the victim or the super hero?
Stories are everything. Especially the ones we tell ourselves.
We have so many stories that have been influenced by our life, our traumas, our actions, our ups, our downs. And we take these situations that we take into our lives as stories we live by.
- ‘I’m always busy’
- ‘I’m not good enough’
- ‘I can never finish things’
- ‘I always say yes then don’t follow through’
- ‘I always leave things to the last minute’
All stories we hold onto because your subconscious mind believes it is keeping you safe.
So stories have two intentions:
- Protect Us
- Share knowledge
So let’s take one of your stories. The time you took on that limiting belief…
May you got up to speak about something in primary school and someone laughed at you. Therefore your story of that event = when I get up to speak, people laugh.
That story is protecting you, but actually it doesn’t need to protect you anymore, because that was 5/10/15 years ago.
So it’s time we started re-writing that story.
You can decide here, whether you become the victim or the hero.
The victim mentality usually looks like you believing that the world is against you, moaning about things you can actually change and not being proactive in your growth.
The hero looks like, taking ownership of your life, your BS, your stories. Moving forward through them because you know you can. You are living life at CAUSE rather than EFFECT.
Living at ‘CAUSE’ means that YOU are decisive about creating what you want in life. CAUSE is bright and sunny – who wouldn’t want to be there?
So with all this in mind let’s work through some steps…
- What story are you ready to let go of.
- What is the pain of keeping this story and what’s the pleasure of changing it.
- Put pen to paper and write out your new story, as you as the HERO!
- What do you want the story to be instead.
- How can you bring this into reality RIGHT NOW? What thoughts do you need to stop listening to, what behaviours do you need to bring in, what are you ready to let go of, what are you ready to receive?
- How can you make this a new strategy in your life, what tangible things do you need to put in place in order to make this new shift in your story?
WAYS TO WORK WITH ME:
Unleash unstoppable confidence in my 90 minute Confidence Accelerator
Deep dive into the inner work with my 12 week 1:1 program.
Get in Touch…
Website – www.rebeccahaydon.com
Instagram – @_rebeccahaydon_
Email – [email protected]